Monday 8 January 2018

The Kirkhouse Bar and Kitchen!

Sunday Lunch!

Being an East End girl, formerly of The Gorbals, I used to take things from pubs all the time.  Glasses mainly, usually half full, drinking walking home, toilet paper, the odd bottle of Vodka from behind the bar if the staff weren’t looking.  Nowadays, I steal the photos, not from the walls but from Facebook pages etc. So thanks to The Kirkhouse's Facebook page and whoever the header photo here belongs to!

On my way to Tesco on Sunday I decided to meet my daughter at her local on Shettleston Road in Midtown East. Glasgow pubs sometimes get bad press, especially in the more edgy parts of the city but I love pubs and the rougher, tougher the better and the more relaxed time I seem to have. They feel like home.  In fact, if a wee fight breaks out it reminds me of New Year, christenings, funerals and the weddings of my very colourful childhood. Nothing was complete if someone didn’t end up in the jail. 
No pretence in the East, no hipster plant pots full of chips or salad on a garden shovel here. Good, honest food served with a cheeky smile and a bit of banter. The place has recently been refurbished and is looking chic and very cheerful.  Prices are reasonable and the food is very good and well presented. Before my dad died he lived in Budhill Avenue and he used to book the Snug in this Pub for all our birthdays. So I have many great memories of this place. The Snug has is long gone but my memories live on.

This is an actual Photo Of Molly Dyke's Dinner Yesterday
‘Danni’ (Danielle) who served us was a very good-looking, cheery lassie and saw to our every need while chatting to other people round about. Just before writing this I looked at a couple of reviews for The Kirkhouse and this daft burd stated she was “told in a very brusque manner” she couldn’t get a table and she hadn’t made a reservation. WTF, was she the queen? It’s the East End most of us are brusque, cannae be bothered with pretence, manners are mirrored and respect is earned. 

This is a very busy bar and I phoned to book in advance and would advise you do so too!

Go on, you know you want to!
0141 778 3725 

See you next time with The Mary!



No comments: